In today’s health conscious world, one can’t deny the health benefits of juicing. Be it fruits or vegetables, juicing is a quick and easy way to enjoy the best part of your produce. There are juicers of all sizes and prices on the market today. Read on to find the one that’s best for you.
1. Black and Decker CJ525 CitrusMate Plus–If your only desire is to juice oranges, lemons, limes or grapefruit, this is the best bang for your buck. Selling for about $20, it is small, easy to operate, and easy to clean. It has adjustable pulp control as well, which is a great feature for those of you that like pulp-free juice.
2. Breville BJE200XL Juice Fountain Compact–Selling for around $80, this is a great compact juicer. It features a 3-inch wide chute, so you can skip the chopping step and feed most fruits in whole. It only has one speed, but puts out quite a lot of juice. It’s also very quiet and is dishwasher safe, so it’s easy to clean.
3. Breville 800CPXL Motorized Citrus Press–This stainless steel model can be found for around $170. It has quite a lot of power but is very quiet. It features two filters for varying pulp control and is dishwasher safe.
4. Acme Supreme Juicerator 5001–This juicer, selling for around $180, is a very sturdy machine. It doesn’t eject the pulp, so it’s able to put out more juice than models that do. This model uses paper filters, which poses both an advantage and disadvantage. This type of filter produces very clear juice. However, the filter must be changed regularly, so is an added cost.
5. Breville Juice Fountain Elite 800JEXL–This is by far the best juicer on the market. If you plan to juice daily, and want a juicer that will last a long time, this stainless steel model is the one for you. The priciest juicer at around $300, its features make it well worth the money. Like the Juice Fountain Compact, it also has a 3-inch feeder tube, allowing you to feed your fruit in whole. It juices fairly quickly and the juice is very smooth. Best of all, this machine’s parts are dishwasher-safe, so it is easy to clean.
Before making a decision, think about what you are looking for in a juicer. Will you be juicing regularly (daily), or just occasionally? Is there a certain feature, such as a wide chute, that you feel you must have in a juicer? After weighing the pros and cons of each model, you’ll be able to purchase the juicer that’s right for you and be well on your way to a healthy and happy juicing experience!