I got tired of buying cheap trimmers that had to be thrown out all too soon. I did some looking around and got the Andis FadeMaster Professional Hair Trimmer to use on my hair and to cut my sons’ hair. This hair clipper was nearly as good as the andis master hair clipper 01557.
Right away, at first use, I could tell the difference. This is a professional-grade trimmer designed for heavy use that does an excellent job of cutting hair.
I really like the look of this trimmer. The aluminum housing looks great and is supposed to be unbreakable. It does seem to be quite durable, and though it claims to be lightweight in the specs, I think it has a solid feel, which I like. It has an ergonomic design that makes it comfortable to use.
This trimmer has a high-speed motor, which is important because hair cuts more evenly and efficiently when the trimmer blades are quick.
Some trimmers can make a lot of noise, but this one is quiet.
One thing that’s really convenient about this trimmer is that the cord is 8 feet long. This feature comes in handy because I plug the cord into a garage outlet and cut hair on the driveway.
The blade is adjustable, and I’m able to create the right fade.
The clipper runs cool for a while, but it does get hot after prolonged use. If I take my time too much, we have to take a break while the clipper cools down.
- The clipper has an 8-foot cord. It’s handy to have a lengthy cord because it makes maneuvering a lot easier, and I pull the cord out to the driveway for our haircuts.
- Does a great job cutting hair. This is really the most important thing, that the clipper does a great job of cutting hair. There’s no pulling and my boys don’t balk at getting their hair cut anymore.
- It’s sturdy. The attractive aluminum case is very sturdy and is advertised as being unbreakable.
- It has a hanging loop. I like keeping everything organized, and I like the fact that this clipper has a hanging loop for neat storage.
- It’s expensive. In the long run, you are definitely going to save money by buying this clipper instead of the cheap ones. If you have trouble paying the cost all at once, though, that could be a problem.
- With extended use, the clipper runs hot. I can use the clipper for quite a while and it stays cool, but then it starts running hot with prolonged use.
A few years ago I decided to start saving money by doing haircuts for me and my boys myself. We started out with cheap clippers, but they never lasted very long and they also didn’t do as good a job of cutting as the Andis FadeMaster Professional Hair Trimmer does. I recommend this clipper because it’s professional grade so it’s durable, and it does a great job. These clippers look great and create a professional-looking fade that will make it look like you’ve been to a professional barber.